While comments on this post continue to be welcome, the giveaway is now over.
My last giveaway of the year is sponsored by the awesome clothing company Handsome in Pink. Company founder Jo Hadley is generously offering two items of clothing from her line of elegant, gender-transcending play clothes.
Here are a few of the reasons why Jo is super-cool, why you should enter this giveaway, and why you should support her company:
1. Jo is the mama of a pink boy, and when she didn’t find clothes she liked for him, she decided to make them. And share them with the rest of us.
2. She is all about challenging gender stereotypes. She makes pink and purple clothes for girls AND boys, and shirts with rough and tumble imagery for boys AND girls (check out this pink and purple dirtbike t-shirt). She says, “Handsome in Pink is all about breaking down the female monopoly on pinks and purples and sharing it with our brothers.” And she makes a “Girly Girl” shirt that has images of fishing, playing baseball, climbing trees, strong muscles, and a book—because girls are smart as well as tough. She also makes cool grown-up clothes.
3. She was born in 1972, the year Free To Be You and Me came out.
4. Handsome in Pink is eco-friendly, using non-toxic inks and organic cotton whenever they can—making, as she says, environmentally-friendly clothes produced in human-friendly ways.
5. Jo is all open-minded and creative. When I asked her if she’d consider making a “Girly Boy” or “Pink Boy” shirt to go along with her “Girly Girl” shirt, she told me she loved the idea and got right to brainstorming design ideas. And then she told me that she’s been thinking of making a “Manly Man” shirt that would have all the great “feminine” things men do, like cook and clean and wipe kids’ noses.
6. She has a list of pink links on her website, and I’m on it!
7. And this is the reason you can start jumping up and down, if you haven’t already: Jo is giving away t-shirts to TWO of my readers!
Check out Handsome in Pink, and comment below to enter to be one of the lucky winners. Remember, you need to friend me on facebook or leave your email address in the comment section below so I know how to find you if you win.